Monday, January 4, 2010
Global Marketing Blog Entry # 13 (25 points)
In 2 paragraphs (at least 5 sentences for each paragraph), tell me about your winter vacation. What did you do? What did you see? How did the world of marketing have an effect on your life. I really want to know :-)
Posted by Gerald Bodner at 6:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


21 comments:
Over winter break, I shopped A LOT. I went to tysons just about every day over vacation, it was a bit ridiculous. My favorite present this year was my Macbook, and soon, the Iphone. Connor and I also met Wale at the mall, which was kind of cool. Besides that, I spent a lot of time dancing, hanging out with friends, and worked on college applications. The highlight of my break was new years without a doubt.
Marketing really affected what I bought for people, and what I bought myself. Things that were really popular were all the apple products, so I bought my sister an itouch. A lot of things were on sale too, so I was about to buy my friends more than one thing. Because of the sales and new products, I spent more than I should have.
Michelle Tatiya
I didn't do much, i jus mainly celebrated Christmas and the festivities that go with it. I saw some of my friends, malls, presents, etc. The world of marketing had an effect on my life mainly because i bought stuff for Christmas which is marketing related. It was global mainly because most products i got are China made. I overally had a good winter vacation, I'm just waiting for spring break/ summer vacation now.
- Sam Henderson
Over winter break, I was just home most of the time, and I had swim practice every morning with the exception of Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Most of the time I just watched movies and talked to my friends online, and slept all day after swim practice. But I didn't do anything special. I went to a party on New Year's Eve, that was the best part of the break probably. Some days I was actually really bored.
Marketing didn't have any effect on my life, because I didn't shop at all or anything like that during the break. I didn't watch TV, because I'm tired of commercials....well that might be an effect on my life by marketing.
But overall, it was just good do have a couple of weeks off.
-Balazs
Over my winter break, I spent a lot of time with family. My moms sister and her family came home for the holidays from Malaysia this year(because they live on a sailboat--sailing around the world). But it was a lot of fun getting to spend xmas and new years with them. =]
We did a lot of things in D.C, even though it was freezing outside, we went to 3 museums, which wasn't too bad, but it was very crowded. I don't this the world of marketing really effected my holiday that much because i didn't do a lot. It was just nice to be home.
Amanda Clark
During my winter break i slept alot well late but woke up late too. I ate alot too so im not surprised if i gained a couple of pounds. I stayed home the first week with the family but i got bored of seeing them too much. I went to the post office and was it boring. I stood in line for like hours. I dont ever want to go to the post office ever again.
I went to the movies with a friend after being being bored at home. I saw the blind side it was a good movie. I partied on christmas eve and on new years eve. I went to my baby cousins baptism/birthday party. It was a blast i got to see elmo and dora :D. I got to hang out with friends at home and watch movies and play xbox360. Finally it was coming to an end and i didnt start my homework so i started on it last night. Im very tired since i had to stay up.
-Iris Trejo
For my winter vacation I didnt do that much. I didnt go any where speacial or really do anything that was special. For the first week I stayed at home the whole time. I worked on school work for a few days. I had to work on a big eniglish project as well. I also played in the snow.
For the seconde week i had to watch my little cousin. He was 10 months an i had to watch him the whole week. It was funny to watch him because he just learned how to walk. I alos hang out with some friends too. For news years I went to a freinds house.
Lisa Watts
Over the winter break I didn’t do much but stay home and relax. The only times I left my house is when I went shopping, went to the movies, went to hang out with my brother or sister, and went to see the National Christmas tree. The way marketing (not global) affected my vacations is when I say TV advertisements of Christmas sales that were going on in stores. The ones that I went to was Kohls which had a sale from open to 1:00 pm and bath and bodyworks that had a buy 3 get 3 free sale. Those were great for my Christmas gifts.
Other Advertisments that got my attention was movie commercials. New Moon was one but I saw that a long time ago. Another one was the Avatar commercial which looked so cool because it 3D and actionfilled. Another movie I went to see was It's Complicated was as good as the commercial said. I didn't do much this break but the little things i did were because of the advertisments on TV!
Tenbit Melesse
During winter vacation I went to Florida with my family. I also did a lot of shopping and spent time hanging out with friends watching movies. I enjoyed time being off from school relaxing and sleeping in late. On the weekends I played soccer and I went to Florida for 5 days. When I was in florida i went to the beach, and stayed at my aunts house.
The world of marketing affected my vacation because when I went to the mall they were so many sales. When stores put out sales the want you to take interest in whatever there selling and for you to buy their clothes. Watching movies also had an effect on marketing because they showed a lot of commericals to promote them.
Over winter break, i stayed at home mostly and i also went shopping a lot. The weather the first week was pretty bad becsause of the snow so it was difficult to go to friends houses. Then later on the weather became go to go around d.c and such. It was fun to shop because i got a lot of money from family members. I also got the gifts i wanted from my family.
The world of marketing affected me because of the sales at stores. There were great sales available during the holiday season. When buying stuff it was easy to buy a lot of things for a lesser price. Stores probably got a lot of business and money. Sales helped the world.
Betel Hailu
For the pass two weeeks ive been spending trime with family and friends. It was a cool cause we were snowed in,but the good thing was that I was getting paid $40-50 just for sheiveling someones yard and car out. I made about $290 in one day.
Then I went to a couple of parties over the winter break. They weren't all what i expected to be cause, there were a couple of people dressed up in santa clause suite and ect. And I went to the movies in Kingstowne to go see the new movie AVATAR,that movie was iight.
-Jeremy Milton
Over winter break I went shopping alot. My familyand friends all went out to go shop in all the sales after the holidays. All the stores advertised through emails, ads, and mailed home cupons. I also did alot of work on college scholarships, went to the Redskins vs Dallas game, and had family over for the Holidays.
Marketing was used alot of the Holiday sales to draw people in. The sales were alot of buy 3 and get one free so they where finding ways to make you spend more money. Or buy one and get one half off when one is really enough but since you can get the second half off people would spend more money. Marketing was used alot over the break.
Over the winter break, i did not do allot. I worked at vocelli for the most of the time. I didnt buy anything. I went to mall couple of times, but didnt buy anything. During the Winter Break i did go to Massanutton Resort.
I had an amazing a day/one night stay at the resort. The skiing was a big hit. But i also enjoyed the indoor waterpark. It was a nice and different expreience. And the New Years eve was also really fun.
SAIF MIRZA
Over the extended break, i spent most of my time with my friend Raja. We did various things from working out, movies, and basic outgoing. I also played my new ps3 with my brothers and spent some time with them as well. However i did not get that much work done over the break so im not too happy about that. In addition, I think I really needed that break and now im looking forward to summer.
In regards to marketing, i went shopping both with my family and my friend raja. I spent over 300 dollars on some items I regret buying. Also my friend and I tried local restaurants that were new to us. I guess we helped the economy in way and that was our goal.
Over winter break I didn't do much besides go out as a family. My uncle came to visit from England, so we took him around D.C. We basiclly just shopped around the stores that had the best sales. I also worked hard on college apps because of the deadlines.
I bought a macbook becase there was a special at BestBuy. Because of the marketed special, I bought it even though i needed it anyway. If not I would have bought another version of the computer.
I did alot over winter break. I spent alot of time with family, friends, and I also did a lot of shopping. On Christmas Eve my granny always has a Christmas party where all of my family goes. It is always alot of fun. On christmas morning, like every other american family, I opened presents with my family. On New Years I went to a friends party, which was alot of fun.
Marketing had a huge effect on certain aspects of my vacation. I bought presents for my family based on how they were presented on commercials and reviews. I also let my parents know what I wanted for christmas partly based on commercials and other forms of marketing.
I had a very interesting winter break full of late nights and earlier mournings. First friday it snowed and later that night balazs and i went out into the edison parking lot and did doughnuts.Then we ended up getting out of school 3 days earlie in which i was baisically stuck at home because my car was snowed in. Then christmas eve i went to my grandmaws,and had turducken. Then i following week i spent alot of time with friends and and family, also new years day i went to white tail for skiing and went to a few new years partys with friends and family. Which baisically sums up my break in a short way.
Marketing you could say effected my life over the break in many different areas. First and the most obvious being that i had to go shopping for gifts and such from different stores in which prices varied. Also i noticed an increase of gas money for travelers over the break which effected my ability to drive. there were also many tempting sales and oppertunitys to take advantage of in which i should of in some cases. which is the genreall way marketing effected my holidy break this year.
james deal
winter break for me was the best. i had alot of fun.i had family from north carolina come over for the whole break so we just had a good time togather.We went to the mall almost evry other day. met up with alot of friends and just partyed. we celebrated christmass and had a huge get togather for new years.
juan martinez
Me buying presents for my friends was based on marketing. You can say that evrything in stores were about half off. so i bought alot of things for my friends and for myself.
Over winter break i didn’t do much. I spent most of my time with my family.
I also went out to shop stuff for me and people I had to give gifts to. I also had track practice over the break. On Wednesday I had a meet I had to go to it took the all day.
But over all it was a good break because I got to rest I hang out with my family and friend. I also played and the snow and went out to snow bored. I’m not that good at it but it was still fun.
daniel boku
My winter vacation was really fun. I mostly relaxed and hung out with family and friends, which it is all about. I loved getting those three snow days to extend the break. I also saw some good movies and went shopping almost everyday. I also went to my beach house in rehoboth and hung out there for three days, even though it was so cold it was still really fun.
Marketing affected my life, becasue when i went to the mall alot of things were on sales becasue the retailers wanted you to buy things beofre Christmas. Also during that season everybody is shopping so there are many deals on expensive items. I also saw alot more commericals for stores than i normally did, i feel lilke they were promting more becasue of the holiday season.
ALexandra Smith
My winter vacation was fun. I was relaxed, went shopping and also went to work. I also went outside and played out in the snow and chill'ed with some friends. The only part that probabilly related to marketing during my winter vacation was that when i was at work. My job relates to marketing in many ways like the bussiness, the customers the goods and sales. This is what pretty much happened in my winter vacation.
-Maria Rouhollah
On my winter vacation i went to perform in disney world. We had to drive because all of our flights were cancelled from the blizzard. Most of us got there on time to perform and we got to perform in down town disney. We also got to take a work shop their and we learned parts of some of the shows they have there. I also got to meet goofy.
For Christmas i got to see my family who i havent seen since i was 8. That was fun. We were still in FLorida for Christmas. We didnt have a tree which was sad but we still opened gifts in the hotel. I had fun.
-erin
Post a Comment