Monday, January 4, 2010
Marketing One Blog Entry # 13 (25 points)
In 2 paragraphs (at least 5 sentences for each paragraph), tell me about your winter vacation. What did you do? What did you see? How did the world of marketing have an effect on your life. I really want to know :-)
Posted by Gerald Bodner at 6:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 comments:
Over the break I went to New York City for a few days in between Christmas and New Years. It was very crowded. Every store I went into was packed and you could not walk anywhere or see any of the products because there were so many people there to spend time instead of actually shop. There were many stores that had lines out the door because they couldn't let everyone in. As I was in Times Square I saw people setting up the stage for New Years Eve. New York was fun, but the timing to go was very bad because it was ridiculously overpopulated.
While I was home, I went to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie because I had heard so much about it and it was around Christmas time so it seemed like a festive movie. I also did some post Christmas shopping while there was some sales.
-Shannon Riley
On my winter vacation I hung out with my friends a lot. We went sledding and made very big hills! I also shoveled peoples houses for money. But because of the economy status not many people were willing to pay. I saw a lot of snow this year.
The world of marketing affected me this winter vacation by the low prices I saw this break. When I went to the mall many of the things were on sale and low priced. It was low enough to a point where my uncle made an impusle on a new playstation 3.
-DAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
For my winter break, most of what i did was work . When all the snow came down, i was scheduled to work that saturday and they cloed down the theatre that i work at . The next day, (Sunday) only a few people came into work, but i didnt have transportation . I had to work for christmas eve & christmas, but i got sick on christmas eve & didnt come in for christmas . I dont think ive ever seen the theatre as packecd as i saw it on this holiday . i did have new years eve & new years off . All i did was go to a beach house with someo of my friends and we celebrated together the coming of the new years . Overall, i enjoyed this holiday ! :)
-Grace V .
Over the break, I mostly hung out with people and stayed home. I went to see Sherlock Holmes at the movies and enjoyed that a lot. I saw the commercials and they interested me. I mostly played drumset and guitar. I got a chance to go to Music and Arts for new strings, picks, and a book and spent 50 dollars in total. Music and Arts has a good rewards program so I was able to save money with my card.
On the Saturday after Christmas, I saw commercials for really good deals in a few stores. The sales were horribly early, but I managed to make it in time. Shannon Riley sucks. I ended up spending almost no money and didn't find the stores as interesting as they advertised.
-David is more awesome than Shannon.
Over the winter break, I went to a bunch of places with my cousin and my sister. We went to the Smithsonian and the Old Post Office. At the Pavillion, we decided to go to the very top of the bulding where you can see everything in DC. My cousin and I also went to my mom's work on the day before Christmas Eve because I wanted her to meet a bunch of people.
I, also, helped out my aunt with the New Year's Eve Party we were having for the whole family. It was a lot of fun. The "marketing world" affected my life in a way that when I went shopping, there were tons of sales. Since Christmas already passed by, a lot of the stores are having sales to get rid of the stuff they don't need anymore.
-Melareve G.
My winter vacation this year went very well. I spent christmas and new years eve with all of my family and friends. We all met at my aunt's house, greeted each other, ate dinner, and played games together inside and outside the house. We played the Nitendo Wii and even had a snowball fight.
This year I even went to two malls that i never went to before. There were all types of stores that had a large variety of items. There were also alot of sales, discounts, and specials going on for the holidays. I gave and recieved many gifts this year and most importantly had a ton of fun with my family and friends.
-Jair Pasaye Lopez
For the first week of winter vacation we were snowed in. I went sledding and watched a bunch of movies. I got a chance to drive a little bit in the snow because the car got stuck so everyone else had to push it. I went to the movies and watched Border, which kind of sucked because I wanted to watch Avatar.
I spent the holidays with my family and friends. Christmas Eve at midnite I opened gifts with my friends family and on Christmas I opened with my family. New Years my friend had a family party and we brought the New Years partying. My whole break was very very good and I enjoyed it ALL.
The break was a lot of fun, especially being with my friends and family. We had a Christmas party, not a lot of people came because of the snow. We played live music and it is all on video. The three days off school gave me time to get my work done and help me get everything accomplished. There is nothing better than being with the ones you love.
Though, we did a lot of shopping at christmas time. We did some after christmas shopping because of the sales. My brother had a macy's card with $30 on it. When the whole day practically shopping, he lost the card near the end. This was a fiasco, but luckily he found the reciept in his room. We had the card ID number on it so we made sure it was ours. The macy's way of marketing by giving these cards is very hard to work with, but in the end, everything turned out okay. It was a fulfilled Christmas.
-Chris Lynn
On my winterbreak i pretty much went shopping and spend time with my family and couple of my close friends.
The day after Christmas i went to PotomacMills mall to buy some new clothes. I also went to Tysons Corner Mall to the Northface store to get a brown northface that i really wanted but they were soldout. I tried to look online but they didnt have the color i want it , it was out of stock ? .
Anyways , i had fun playing in the snow with my little brother. Marketing didnt have an effect doing my winterbreak , the weather did.
Happy New Year ! :)
- Yessica Salamanca
During my extended winter break, I mostly just chilled with my family and friends. I went over my cousins a few times for sleepovers and went shopping with my mom. I saw my friends almost every night which was a good thing because we needed to catch up. We barley saw each other because school got in the way and many of them go to different schools. I saw my cousins a lot too and the time we spent together was filled with planning for the new year and the family events that are coming up. I went sledding with my cousins Sunday morning and came home to a warm blanket, Nutella, and The Office. I could have done more during the winter break but this month is the holy month of Muharam and we do not really do anything because this month is a very sad month. Muharam is a sad time because of the history Islam has gone through to get to where it is today.
--Shabnam Gardezzzzzzzzi
On my winter vacation I went to the capital. Also i went to the air and space museum. Before i went to the museum i almost made a house out of the snow. But the person that i was making it with did not want to do it anymore because it was cold outside.
Then my aunt came to my house with her family because they went to florida from michigan driving, so they stopped at our house for three days. Also i went with them to the museum and the capital. And i played CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 2. My cousin played cal of duty too but he was not good at it so i told him to get off before he ruins my reputation. The last thing is, is that i got new Jordans.
TaRiQ MaSoUd
During winter break i was with all my family. I was stuck at first at home because of the snow. I stayed home and enjoyed watching tv, football/soccer games. As I watched tv i took notice that alot of advertisments,(commercials)were going on. I went to the mall with friends and there were alot of sales going on. Specials for the holidays. I got new shoes and shirts for very good prices.
Christmas and New years i spent it with my mom and my family. We ate alot of food. We listen to music and i was just hugged up tight with my girl friend. Last but not least i enjoyed every Dallas Cowboys game that went on through the break.
Edgar ochoa
ps: i also saw Alvin&TheChipmunk movies .the theather was crowed . My brother , my friend and I had to seat in the 4th row near the front . Ughh . I got to remember going early to the movies doing christmas time :)
My winter vacation was nice and laidback. I just hung around with some friends and did the usual with my family. Christmas was fun because it was just the family sitting at home, having a good time. I went to a couple parties and saw some old friends.
The break was mostly about relaxing and getting away from school.
-Emmett
Over winter break, my sister and I stayed home and watched TV. We saw a lot of commercials with the latest toys. There were also lots of last-minute gift-buying sales in department stores, and ads for merchandise in stores that were closing. Several end-of-the-year car commercials came up as well for those who missed the "Cash for Clunkers" opportunity to buy a new car. Because of the snow, there were a lot of blowout sales in stores to make up for lost time, and online giftcards became popular for online shopping websites. The weekend before Christmas, many online shopping retailers gave customers free shipping for their purchases.
On New Year's weekend, I went to visit family. My sister was ecstatic about her new Zhu Zhu pets and its playset. Soon, Zhu Zhu pet mania took hold of my family and we all went to Walmart and spent about $70 on the little hamsters. Some members of the family were ready to resell the hottest toy on eBay for profit while others got it stuck in their hair.
Over my winter break I went to North Carolina for Christmas to be with some family that was over there and to spend Christmas with them. It was a very nice time and also fun. I also went to the movies with some friends to watch Avatar. It wasnt really full as I thought it would be because I went during the week. For New Years I stayed home and a couple of family members and some friends came over. We stayed up until real late and had a lot of fun.
-Sandra Coreas
My winter vacation was awesome. I really didn't expect it would snow that much and I was really ready for school the next day, but found out there was no school. We were going to go out of state but, the snow had delayed our plan.So,we just stayed home and invited relatives to eat with my family and have some fun.
On New Years Day my family and I went to my favorite restaurant to eat and enjoy time together. The food was delicious which was chinese food. I even took some at home to eat later. The snow had effected because it was hard to get out the car and go places.
My winter vacation was really good! I had a lot of fun with the family and my friends! We ate a lot though! I didn't get to go anywhere for vacation though and i really wanted to go visit with allof my old friends from Arkansas.
I dont think marketing played a big part in my winter vacation. I didnt really go anywhere or do anything to spend money or anything. Maybe for my mom and my grandma because they were buying all the presents!
---RaShara Toney---
My winter vacation was better than what i expected it to be. First it started with a snow storm, which gave us more time from school. I spent alot of it with my family and part of it with my friends. I got the chance to leave the state and go to Washington D.C to visit my relatives.
I saw alot of things over the break for example the snow, a new movie at the theaters and alot of givin and sharing. The world of marketing affected me in various ways. I bought items from stores which is considered marketing. Alot of items were on sale which is a marketing stratergy for businesses.
Alex .A.
Post a Comment