It wasn't long after the invention of the movie camera that people started making home movies, chronicling everything from birthdays to weddings, vacations to baseball games. Over time, the cameras have gotten much smaller and much less expensive. And now, like so many other products, camcorders are digital. Panasonic, Hitachi, and Sony all make DVD camcorders that let you record directly onto a mini DVD-R disc compatible with DVD players. All three companies' models offer useful features, such as screen of thumbnail images that lets you easily find the video you want to play and a mechanism that prevents you from accidentally recording over your saved videos.
More Features
Sony charges $790 for its camcorder, approximately $130 more than its competitors. Why? Sony's model lets you know exactly how mch time is left on our battery. It focuses faster and lets you record in near to total darkness. It also has a sharper, brighter screen and AC adapter that powers the camera even while the battery is still in place. The company is betting that consumers will be willing to shell out extra money for these extra features.
In a two paragraph response (a minimum of 5 sentences for each paragraph), answer the folllowing questions. In paragraph # 1, what statements migha customer make that would give you reason to show the new DVD camcorder in the product presentation step of the sale? In paragraph # 2, discuss how you would handle the price objection for the Sony model.
Please sign your name to the bottom of you blog entry.


17 comments:
A customer might make comments about special features that they would like on the camera that they buy. They might point out specifics about what they are looking for. They may want a special battery or something, and then you can puoll out that camera and show them the features it has.
If a customer rejected that camera because of the price, i would continue to tell them about all the features it has. I would compare it to the less expensive cameras. Eventuall, if possible, i would try to bring the price down a little bit,so that maybe that will make them want to buy it.
---RaShara Toney---
With lower quality cameras, it's harder to focus. It also has many problems with the lower quality flashlight and even how low quality the files/DVD are. Customers want a better camera, so Sony beats its competitors in quality.
If I were a salesperson, I would handle a price objections by explaining how great the product is. I would compare it to the others by having a demonstration to show that the Sony camera is worth the extra $130. This would convince the customer that they are paying for the benefits they are recieving.
-David Chung
Customers might be looking for speacial features on the camera, and if the sony camera has that feature, then you can pull it out.
If the customer does not want to buy it, I would try to persuade the customer into buying it by explaining how good the camera is and explain the features to him. Also I would bring in the promotions and if the customer still continues to refrain buying that camera I would try to persuade him to buy another product.
Since the product is such high quality, customers are more interested, regardless of the price. It puts them on a higher level. That makes them worthy to be put into a presentation. Because of the higher quality and more useful features, it makes the product better.
For a salesperson, it would be very easy (in my opinion)to fight the objections. I would show them the features and explain how it would benefit them.
Shannon Riley
A customer might give a statement about the features and benifits of the product. So, that will make you get out the product and show the features and tell them about the benefit of having this product.
If the customer has any objection about the price, I would tell them more features and add batteries or give discounts.Or if possible, I would lower the price a little bit and see if its reasonable to them.
A statement that a customer might make that would give me a reason to show the new DVD camcorder is if they mention that they are looking for a new and better version of a cam corder.
I would give them a good offer that might convince them to buy it.
I'd also offer an accessorie that would be half off with the Sony model.
sandra coreas
One statement would be if they say that the other companies have lower prices so i would present the product. Also i would present the product if the customer asks to see the product. Then i would talk about the features of the product.
I would handle objections by saying that this camera can play in the dark and the screen is very good. Also i would say if you want something that is cheap but not good then buy the competitors but if you want something good then you should try out this produc. Then if they say that they want something cheap then i would say that we have a discount.
TARIQ mASOUD
All customers make comments and give feedback on the products they buy, either directly to the company or to friends or etc. So I think companies should make a point to hear those responses and reactions to their product and use it to better their product.
After all, the customer is king in the end, and you're only going to sell something they want, excludidng neccessities. So their feedback, negative or positive, should be used as a tool to critique your product and only make it better. So in the end, all feedback is good feedback
Forgot to put my name on the one above.
Emmett Shan
A buyer might make a comment about the special features that they would like on the camera that they purchase. They might point out specific details about what they are shopping for. They may want a special battery or a stronger lence, and then you can pull out that camera and show them the features it has.
If a customer denies the camera because of the price, i would keep telling them about all the features it has. I would compare it to the less expensive cameras. Eventually, if possible, i would try to bring the price down a little bit,so that they will most likely buy it.
Alex A
If a salesperson wanted me to buy the camcorder, he/she would hve to try their hardest to convince me. I would want them to tell me straight up about any problems the camcorder may have. I do not want to be cheated out of a good price or pay for something that is less than it is worth. So teh customer would have to tell me all the benefits and also all the things that may go wrong as I have said before. They would have to explain the camcorder and also demonstrate it.
If a salesperson wanted me to buy the camcorder, he/she would hve to try their hardest to convince me. I would want them to tell me straight up about any problems the camcorder may have. I do not want to be cheated out of a good price or pay for something that is less than it is worth. So teh customer would have to tell me all the benefits and also all the things that may go wrong as I have said before. They would have to explain the camcorder and also demonstrate it.
With that type of camcorders, customers would want upgrades to the features of the product. Better quality, better focus and all that stuff. Customers would be unwilling to get something that's not really appealing. Then, customers tend to lean towards more to the better camcorders of Sony.
Sony's product is a little more pricy than the average camcorder since they have better quality and better products. They have to expect that it would be more expensive. Great qualities don't come cheap now adays.
Melareve G
If a salesperson wanted me to buy the camcorder, he/she would hve to try their hardest to convince me. I would want them to tell me straight up about any problems the camcorder may have. I do not want to be cheated out of a good price or pay for something that is less than it is worth. So the salesperson would have to tell me all the benefits and also all the things that may go wrong as I have said before. They would have to explain the camcorder really well and also demonstrate it.
I do not have a problem with the price as long as it lives up to it's expectations. If the camcorder is as good and highly qualified as everyone says it is, then I would pay $790 for it. But after reading that the price is ranged $130 more than their compeitors I dont think that is fair. Usually companies compete by putting their product's price a little but higher. But $ 130 is way too high
-- Shabnam Gardezi
If I were a salesperson and the customer said they were interested in a camcorder, I would offer either a Panasonic or Hitachi. But if the customer was into technology or seemed very interested in having a state-of-the-art camcorder, I'd present the Sony. Other things that would influence me to present the Sony camcorder to the customer would be if they said they were using it to capture an important event such as a wedding or quincenera. Because of the features on this specific camcorder, it would be ideal for events that are very long or held at night.
Of course, Sony is much more expensive than the other brands. To overcome a price objection, I would list the features for the product for the customer. Especially if the features on the specific Sony camcorder were ideal for the customer's uses, I would point those out and explain their benefits. Also, I would tell how the other camcorders would become a nuisance because they don't have those features. If the customer were just interested in having a high-tech camcorder, I'd explain that the Sony has a lot more features and is more "state-of-the-art" than the other brands.
The product is high quality and the customers are interested no matter what the price is. Because of it's high quality more features, it makes the product better even better.
It would be easy to fight the seven steps if you were a salesperson. I would show them the features and explain how it's better than the others because of its features.
Yessica Salamanca
A customer might ask, "How much video footage can this camcorder hold?". They might also ask, "Why is this camcorder this much more than that camcorder?". Or maybe even, "Which camcorder is the easiest for me to take places?". The customers ask certain questions, because they want the product's features to help benefit for their needs and wants. The better the employees do to overcome objections, the easier it is for the camcorders to get sold.
Personally, making an extreme jump like this in price. I think it would be best if you get the product sold mostly from word of mouth. A good way of getting this product out there is letting the audience know all the features and benefits of the product. Most important would be answering the question as to why it is so much more than a regular camcorder.
Chris Lynn
Post a Comment