Read the following statement and respond with a reaction and reply of at least 5 sentences. Each blog entry is worth 25 points. Please don't forget to write your name at the bottom of your response. Sign in, then click on "comment". Either use google ID or annonymous.
Totally "free trade" between countries is not the norm. Free trade allows for unlimited trade of legal goods and services between countries. Free trade allows prodcts to be sold in markets at whatever price the seller is willing to accept. Free trade provides an incentive for a low-cost producer to sell products in new markets, which can put a local producer at a disadvantage. Many countries have developed policies to limit free trade in order to protect local businesses.


25 comments:
I don't agree with the idea of unlimited free trade for a variety of reasons. One reason is that unlimited free trade would kill the local economy of the country trading with the international country. This is true because of the country is buying a product from another country, then it would neglect its own countries product. Which in turn, would hurt the country's local economy. A limited free trade would be a better alternative.
I think, that unlimited free trade would hurt the economy, because the products that are imported might be more popular than the ones, that are produced here, and that would affect the local economy negatively.
Balázs
I do not agree with free trade. I believe that if you allow free trade so many other businesses would be affected that are not big name companies. In allowing free trade, many jobs would be lost and in today's economy these people would suffer greatly. Creating even more problems for the economy. Free trade would not be the best choice for international sales.
Ashley Potts
I like the idea of free trade because it allows producers in China to compete with producers in the United States. With increase in competition, prices go down, and quality goes up. No one said the consumer will automaticlly choose the international product. The consumer may choose the local product, but the choice is there.
Taking away international business may also be bad for the economy, because other countries may depend on international trade already.
I believe that free trade should stay limited in countries. This is because local producers need to sell in order to stay in business. And the point of local business is to keep money circulating in that country instead of it leaving to flourish another country's economy.
Dilys Darpoh
i think "free trade" sounds like a good idea, but i don't think it would work very well. it would not be good for the producer and the economy of that country. there will be less and less income and the producer would probebly go out of business soon.
My arguement would be against free trade. Free trade allows for too much error because larger businesses will continually grow and small businesses will fail. In other words the rich will get richer and the poor will continue to get poor. Another disadvantage would be the regulation on the economy. Free trade is a vulenerable system where businesses can be chaotic.
Arsalan A.
I think that free trade can be a good thing or a bad thing. It can be good when you go to another country and your trying to buy something, but if it's too expensive, you can bargain down with the seller. Local producers may have a disadvantage because their product may be selling at a lower price that expected, and that's not fair to them. Also, if you're trading something that's worth a lot with an international country, and your product is worth a lot, I don't think it's fair to you or your company. I think free-trade will hurt the economy in the end.
--Amanda Clark
I am for free trade. Free trade is good for allowing unlimited trade to countries. I think its not a bad idea to accept any price that the seller is offering. Getting unlimited trade is good because you'll get whatever you need in markets at whatever price. It can put a local producer to disadvantage but theres always compteition.
-iris trejo
I am for free trade. It seems like a good idea. It lets eveyone do what they wont with there products. It lets you decide how much of your product you want to sell, and to who and where. I think that it will allow companies to control the way the the manage things.
Lisa Watts
I believe that free trade will help improve the global economy. Sellers can put a price on a product which they believe is reasonable. A local market knows how much its buyers are willing to spend on certain products. Free trade can help people go through the recession. People will be able to spend more rather than spending with fear of saving.
-Saif Mirza
Free trade is good because it allows for producers to buy their product at a lower price than the usual. It allows for unlimited trade which means more goods and services which is good for businesses. Since it is sold at any price the seller is willing to accept, the price does not nessescarily has to be high. This is good for the people who are buying the goods or services because they do not have to pay as much. I think its good, even though its is not the normal trading, it still helps when in use.
-erin m
No i dont think free trade is a good idea. i think we should be accesible for trade but not too open. If we had totally free trade we would have issues with sellers selling goods at too low of a price. This could possibly but major retailers out of business such as walmart, target, sports athority etc. it also wouldnt be good for our economy because the usd would not be worth as much outside of the country. Though this may sound like a good idea at first to any person in the long term it could really damage a countrys market and economy.
JD Deal
I am against it cause the litte companys like the dollar store and other small companys.Therefore,they will have a disadvantage or will go out of buissness.While the other big buissnesses will grow bigger and stronger. And that is why i feel about the free trade.
I am against free trade because it would destroy our U.S. economy. Mainly because if markets are willing to sell products at a low price then the economy won't be making as much money. This hurts our economy locally because it puts a local producer at a disadvantage. It should be a limited free trade, unlimited free trade would be out of control.
We should develop policies to limit free trade in our economy.
- Sam Henderson
Because of free trade, many American's jobs have been outsourced. They also cannot compete with the cheap labor overseas. I'm against free trade because without the government involved, there is no way to prevent child labor or sweatshops.
i am for free trade i think its a good idea because people can get what they want for a lower price. but they should limet how low some thing is sold for to a point were local businesses can compite
Daniel Boku
I dont agree with the view points on free trade.Countries generally find cheaper, and more equiped products from other countries rather than its own.Which would make the local economy suffer. Another way out from that horrible situation is to introduce a limited trade treaty. To prevent this horrible situation.
George Owino
I think that unlimited free trade will cause the economy to suffer because the products are sold at whatever price the seller is willing to accept. Free trade would cause chaos between other businesses and big companies would gradually get smaller. I think that a limit free trade would be a better idea because it would protect businesses.
Kat Moreno
I feel like If we establish free trade i would hurt our economy and local businesses in our community. IT only helps big name companies, but what happens to the local companies?? IT agree with free trade I just think it should be limites in The United States Of America. It is like the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.I am against free trade in the USA.
Alexandrs Smith
I feel like free trade is a bad idea. Because local business might get shut down because they compete with the priz other people are providing.On the other hand it helps country get better relationships with other countries.
Juan Martinez
I really dont know anything about free trade, but from reading that description I am against it. I dont like the idea of local markets being run over by bigger ones. I think having restrictions to free trade is a good idea. This way some local business will still be in good shape. Having a limitesd free trade is a better idea than just general free trade.. I think.
Skye Partridge
One of the reasons that i DON'T agree with "free trade" is because you should be willing to have a limit on the pricing of a product . If you get free trade on a computer worth $800, then they could seel it for $2000 for all they care . Also, things would get bad that way . The economy is already bad enough as it is . it wouldn't be fair for the consumers at all !
-Grace Velasquez
I do not agree with free trade. Allowing unlimited goods into a country will not only hurt the economy but the people as well. Seeing that, if one country has way better technology and services to offer compared to the one they are living in, they wont use the ones they have. By that happening, it will make the economy sink due to everything just being imported. In conclusion, the use of free trade will be VERY detrimental to the society.
Post a Comment